Sports Zone Academy
Saturday Indoor League
Sharpen your skills this winter playing in a fast-paced, indoor baseball league, Saturday at Sports Zone Pine Grove. This league is a great way to get the practice needed during the winter months when we can't play real games outside. Play live games with defense on a real indoor field, not in a batting cage.
Machine Pitch Dates:
Age Groups: 10U, 11u, 12u
Session 1  : November 11, 18, 25 December 2, 9, 16
Session 2 : January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10,
Player Pitch Dates:
Age Groups: 10U, 11u, 12u
(must have pitchers and catchers with their own equipment)
Session 3  : February 24, March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Team Fee: $995.00 (must have minimum of 8 players)
(Any parent may put together and coach a team)
Sports Zone Pine Grove
4050 Milton Ave
Camilius NY 13031
(Entrance in the rear of the building)
Teams will need a minimum of 10 players with a maximum of 12. Each team in the league will get one hour of cage time prior to each game to warm up. Coaches will need to collect the team fee and pay before the league begins.
All online rosters must be completed by the coach two weeks prior to the beginning of each session. Parents must agree to the online waiver when you complete the roster.
Please include your team's age in the team name, ex. 12u Wildcats, 11u Wildcats
All fields on the registration must be completed if all fields are not complete the registration will not process.
If registration is closed please email Eddie Gray @ firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns.
Session 1  - Machine Pitch Schedule
Session 1 : 10u, 11u, 12u, 13u
Indoor League Session 1- Machine Pitch Rules
Indoor League Rules
50-minute timed games, drop dead at the buzzer but finish the batter (Do not finish the inning).
No extra innings, games will end in a tie.
Each team can use 1 cage only for an hour prior to each game.
5 run rule per inn max unless final batter hits an Automatic HR (Therefore 8 run max)
There is no run rule per game.
Balls can be caught off the ceiling for outs – balls are live off the ceiling unless umpire calls it a foul ball (Umpire Judgement)
Balls cannot be caught for outs off the side nets.
Catchers cannot field balls or make plays unless they are in catchers gear behind the plate.
Each batter gets 3 pitches MAX. If the batter takes or fouls off those 3 pitches they are out
10. If the batter hits a pitch fair it is a live ball unless the umpire calls it a foul ball (Umpire Judgment).
11. Foul balls are at the judgment of the umpire.
12. No Bunting – This is a hitting game! We do not want the 3rd basemen to have to play up at all. So, NO BUNTING allowed.
13. HR’s are at the judgment of the umpire – generally for 10u-13u the ball must be hit off the yellow line on the back wall or above the field dividing curtain and into the net hanging down. The ball cannot hit the ceiling first.
14. If the game starts early, the time limit is still a 50-minute game. If the game starts late, the game still must end 10 minutes prior to the start of the next game to give plenty of time for teams to enter and exit the field.
15. Any other rules not covered on this rule sheet are at the discretion of the umpire(s) on the field and or the league directors.
16. No team huddles before or after innings (it's too slow)
17. Coaches- have a detailed line up and defense sheets so that players know what they are doing each inning. Have a sheet you can post with all the defense positions for at least 7 innings up to 10 innings.
18. After the game, please clear the dugout and get off the field. Hold any team meeting at the batting cages not on the field after the game.
Notes: The Indoor League is designed to be a fast paced- defended Hitting League game. It is not intended to be a slow paced micro- managed game. The Ultimate goal is for kids to have fun and practice what they have been learning within their team practices. Each player should get more reps than they would otherwise get in an actual game. THIS IS INDOOR LEAGUE- not an actual game!!