Sports Zone Academy
Saturday Night Indoor League
Location: Sports Center 481
Sharpen your skills this winter by playing in Sports Zone’s Indoor league. Play in LIVE games on full indoor baseball fields inside all winter long. Any player can register below as an individual or form your own team.
Machine Pitch Dates:
Age Groups: 10U-12u and 13U- 15U
Session 1  : November: 12, 19, 26, December 3, 10, 17 Register NOW!! [Links Close 10/31/2022]
Session 2  : January 7, 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11
House Player (Any player who doesn't have a team, but would like to play)
House Player Fee: $195.00
Team Fee (Any parent may put together and coach a team)
Team Fee: $995.00 (must have minimum of 8 players)
Click on the Links below to Register
Session 1 - Machine Pitch [Register NOW Links Close 10/31/2022]
Session 1  : November: 12, 19, 26, December 3, 10, 17
Session 2 - Machine Pitch
Session 2  : January 7, 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11 - Registration TBA
Session 3 - Player Pitch
Session 3  : March 4, 11, 18, 25 April, 1 - Registration TBA
Player Pitch Dates:
Age Groups: 10U, 11u, 12u and 13U (must have pitchers and catchers with their own equipment)
Session 3  : March 4, 11, 18, 25 April, 1
Session 1  - Machine Pitch Schedule
Session 1  Pitch Schedule- TBA
13u/14u/15u - Kid Pitch Schedule
Indoor League Session 3- Kid Pitch Rules
1 hour and 20-minute timed games, drop dead at the buzzer but finish the batter (Do not finish the inning). After the game, please clear the dugout and get off the field. Hold any team meeting at the batting cages not on the field after the game.
No extra innings, games will end in a tie.
Each team can use 1 cage only for an hour prior to each game.
4 run rule per inn max (not 5 like for the machine pitch league) unless final batter hits an Automatic HR (Therefore 7 run max)
There is no run rule per game.
Balls can be caught off the ceiling for outs – balls are live off the ceiling unless umpire calls it a foul ball (Umpire Judgement)
Balls cannot be caught for outs off the side nets.
Catchers and Pitchers can field any balls in front of the plate.
Each batter starts with a 1-1 count. Unlimited pitches.
10. If the batter hits a pitch fair it is a live ball unless the umpire calls it a foul ball (umpire judgement).
11. Fouls balls are at the judgement of the umpire.
12. No Bunting – This is a hitting game! We do not want the 3rd basemen to have to play up at all. So, NO BUNTING allowed.
13. HR’s are at the judgement of the umpire – generally for 10u-12u the ball must be hit off the boarded/glass wall or above the field dividing curtain and into the net hanging down. The ball cannot hit the ceiling first. For 13u and up – balls must go over the boarded/glass wall and/or over the imaginary line on the side nets.
14. If the game starts early, the time limit is still a 1 HOUR AND 20-minute game. If the game starts late, the game still must end 10 minutes prior the start of the next game to give plenty of time for teams to enter and exit the field.
15. Any other rules not covered on this rule sheet are at the discretion of the umpire(s) on the field and or the league directors.
16. BAT RESTRICTIONS:
10U-12U MUST USE USA BATS or WOOD BATS (no travel bats!!!)
13U AND UP MUST USE BBCOR OR WOOD BATS
17. PITCHING RESTRICTIONS:
THERE ARE NO SET PITCHING RESTRICTIONS EXCEPT FOR COMMON SENSE.
IF ANY PITCHER WALKS 4 BATTERS IN THE INNING, THE INNING WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE OVER AND ALL THE RUNS WILL BE AWARDED TO THE TEAM. NO SINGLE PITCHER CAN PITCH MORE THAN 3 INNINGS PER GAME. NO PITCHING CHANGES OR TRIPS TO THE MOUND DURING AN INNING - If the coach feels his pitcher cannot go on any longer, we will just switch the inning and award the 4 runs to the other team. Then you can teach and/or talk to the players on the side lines.
18. LEADING and BASERUNNING
12u and up: Any and all leads are permitted. Its up to the pitchers to keep them close.
There is no leading for 10u.
19. Drop 3rd Strikes are in play for all age groups including 10u.